The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) is the world’s largest organization dedicated to the support and enhancement of library service to children. And with that comes a network of members who share knowledge, build new programs and services, and advocate for better library service.
ALSC’s network includes more than 4,000 children’s and youth librarians, children’s literature experts, publishers, education and library school faculty members, and other adults dedicated to engaging communities to build healthy, successful futures for all children.
ALSC members enjoy a number of benefits that benefit their professional growth, including:
- A subscription to Children and Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library Service to Children. Children and Libraries, published quarterly in both print and digital formats.
- Eligible for members-only awards, scholarships and grants totaling $100K annually.
- Special rates and travel scholarships for ALSC pre-conferences, conferences, and institutes.
- Free access to the ALSC webinar archive, with more than 50 webinars on children’s programming, collection development, advocacy and community outreach, and more!
- 10% discount on professional products, including ALSC publications and online continuing education courses.
- Professional development through the ALSC Mentoring Program.
- Connection to more than 4,000 ALSC members and 60,000 ALA members via ALA and ALSC’s member networks and listservs, ALSC Forums, and more.
- … and more!